1. It Causes Accidents.
Lack of sleep has been linked to some of the worst accidents in human history including the nuclear issue at Three Mile Island, The massive Exxon Valdez spill and of course Chernobyl. These are terrifying but sleepiness also causes over 100,000 auto crashes per year. Lack of sleep is a direct cause of horrific accidents.
2. It Makes You Less Sharp. As we age, we are already fighting declining mental health. Lack of sleep, just makes it worse. Sleeplessness impedes cognitive functions including attention, alertness, concentration, reasoning and problem solving.
3. Increased Disease Risk. This one is very to the point. Your lack of sleep hurts your immune system and you are at much higher risk of heart disease, heart attack, heart failure, irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, stroke and Diabetes.
4. Lack of Sex Drive. Lack of sleep lowers libido and sex drive in men and women. Sleep is hurting marriages around the country.
5. Causes Depression. Feeling tired every single day makes the entire body feel depressed. In many cases this leads to chronic hopelessness and depression.
6. Ages You Faster. That’s Right. No one wants that! However, lack of sleep leads to lackluster skin, fine lines and dark circles.
7. Makes you Forgetful. In 2009 a groundbreaking study was able to prove that lack of sleep actually prevents your brain from retaining memories because it never reaches the level of deep sleep it needs to cement those memories.
8. Weight Gain. That’s right, lack of sleep is NOW linked directly to weight gain. Those who sleep less have a 30% higher risk of NOT just weight gain but full blown obesity.
9. Directly Increases Death Risk. Yes, point blank if you have trouble sleeping your risk for premature death goes up by 50%. It Doubles.
10. It Chronically Impairs Judgement. Lack of sleep make exceedingly bad decisions based on the ongoing lack of sleep. This can hurt your family, health and career.